Relating to this product
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress will not possess liberties to product in its collections. Consequently, it generally does not license or charge authorization charges to be used of these material and cannot give or reject authorization to publish or else circulate the material.
Eventually, this is the researcher’s responsibility to evaluate copyright or other usage restrictions and get authorization from 3rd events when needed before publishing or materials that are otherwise distributing in the Library’s collections.
For details about reproducing, publishing, and citing product from this collection, along with use of the first things, see: Carol M. Highsmith – legal rights and Restrictions Information
If a picture is showing, you can easily install it your self. online payday OH (Some pictures show just as thumbnails outside of the Library of Congress due to liberties factors, however you gain access to bigger size pictures on location.)
Instead, you can aquire copies of varied types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- In cases where a image that is digital showing: The characteristics of this electronic image partially depend on whether or not it had been created from the first or an intermediate such as for example a content negative or transparency. In the event that Reproduction quantity field above features a reproduction number that begins with LC-DIG. then there clearly was an electronic digital image which was made straight from the initial and it is of adequate quality for many book purposes.
- When there is information placed in the Reproduction quantity field above: the reproduction can be used by you quantity to acquire a content from Duplication Services. It will be manufactured through the supply placed in the parentheses following the quantity.
If perhaps black-and-white (“b&w”) sources are detailed and you also want a duplicate color that is showing tint (presuming the first has any), it is possible to generally buy a good content associated with initial in color by citing the phone call quantity listed above and like the catalog record (“About This Item”) along with your demand.
Cost listings, contact information, and purchase kinds can be found in the Duplication Services internet site.
Usage of Originals
Please use the next steps to find out whether you ought to fill a call slip out into the Prints and Photographs researching area to see the first item(s). In some instances, a surrogate (substitute image) is present, frequently by means of an electronic digital image, a duplicate printing, or microfilm.
May be the item digitized? (A thumbnail (little) image are going to be noticeable regarding the remaining.)
- Yes, the product is digitized. Please utilize the image that is digital choice to asking for the initial. All pictures can be seen at a big size whenever you’re in any reading space at the Library of Congress. In a few full situations, just thumbnail (little) images can be obtained if you are away from Library of Congress since the product is liberties limited or is not examined for legal rights limitations. As a conservation measure, we generally don’t serve a initial product whenever an electronic image can be obtained. When you yourself have a compelling explanation to start to see the initial, check with a guide librarian. (often, the first is just too delicate to serve. For instance, cup and movie negatives that are photographic specially susceptible to harm. Also they are better to see on the web where they have been presented as good images.)
- No, the product just isn’t digitized. Please visit no. 2.
Perform some Access Advisory or Call quantity fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as for instance microfilm or content images?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Guide staff can direct one to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate will not exist. Please head to no. 3.
A librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3 to contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic information as being a convenience, and will never be accurate or complete.